Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer...Why did you have to go so soon?











Wow! I was really getting use to playing in that hippo pool...Mommy and Daddy told me that there's lots to look forward to when fall comes. They said that we'll go play in haze mazes and pick pumpkins. I have no idea what a pumpkin is but it kinda looks like a ball and considering I've taken a liking to rolling balls these days, I think I'm in.

So, you're probably looking for some updates. Let's start with stats...

Lightweight (23 pounds) still in the 100% for my height measuring a TALL 2 feet 8 inches! Thus the need for baby proofing the door handles (drats)

I have learned LOTS of signs: fan, bunny, bird, ta da, hi, bye, butterfly, crab, elephant, to name a few. More is still my favorite! I say lots of words as well, too many to name. Down and Done are still my favorites.

Mommy changed her work schedule and that's working out really well because we all get home by 3pm every day. We go to Storyville, the kid center, and this Saturday I'm starting 2 days of tumbling class! Mommy made Thursdays Arts and Craft day so last Thursday she taped paper all over the sidewalk and we painted. I figured out that I didn't have to stay on the paper so I grabbed the bowl of paint and the brush and walked around painting things. Let's see, I painted the sidewalk, steps, mailbox, flower pots, our white flowers in the backyard. Mommy laughed and called me little Picasso so I kept at it! Until....I saw the sweet little white puppies our neighbor was walking. In my usual penguin stride, I tottled over to those doggies, brush in hand and excitment on my face...and then....mommy picked me up (drats)

Here's some pics from our last days of summer. Look out for some updates when I start gymnastics next week!
xo
Ava Grace

No comments: